Full course description
The course Starts on Monday, January 30th.
This course will provide learners with a fundamental understanding of project management. Upon completion, learners will obtain a micro-credential for their digital backpack, demonstrating they have gained the skills necessary to begin work in this exciting field.
The Project Management course develops the competencies and skills for planning and controlling projects and understanding interpersonal issues that drive successful project outcomes. Focusing on the introduction of new products and processes, it examines the project management life cycle, defining project parameters, best practices in managing complex projects, effective project management tools and techniques, and the role of a project manager. Furthermore, this project management micro-credential satisfies the 35-hour training requirement for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, and It will also count for the 23 hours of project management education required for the CAPM certification.
By the end of this course, learners should be able to understand the roles and responsibilities of a project manager and exhibit techniques to:
- Develop the foundations of a project plan
- Plan and implement a project
- Control a project using critical project management tools
- Assess project risk
- Conclude a project effectively
- Effectively communicate project deliverables to key stakeholders
- Gain a foundation of knowledge in preparation for the project management professional (PMP) certification exam